Black Friday and Cyber Monday is this month – Friday 27th and Monday 30th November. In recent years, Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales have moved from online to the high street with some retailers giving it a whole week of discounts. Amazon gives it a whole month! According to figures released by the online retailer, their customers saved a whopping £40 million on everything from juicers to dashcams.
So, to give you a helping hand, we’ve put together a “wishlist” car essentials that our team are looking to purchase to help them and their homes. Some of the items on the wishlist will even help you save money in the long run.
Of course, we won’t know what retailers will be offering or if they will even be included in the sale, it’s worth considering purchasing if any of them pop up.
- Dashcam – We’ve put dashcams right at the top of our Black Friday/Cyber Monday wishlist. Having an extra pair of eyes on the road will help should you ever need to make an insurance claim – especially if it’s not your fault. Many now come with driving assists, sat nav and bluetooth. Some can even alert emergency services in the event of an accident. The good news is that it could also help you save on your insurance with some insurers offering a discount as well as the footage helping you settle a claim that’s not your fault.
- Faraday Bag or Box – Recent figures from LV General Insurance shows ‘theft of’ car claims have risen by 20 per cent in recent years. With the aid of a relay device, tech savy criminals are driving away within minutes. But for just a few pounds, you can purchase a faraday bag or box to foil this tactic. Once your vehicle is locked, simply place your keys in the bag or box and that will block the signal from your key which allows thieves to steal you car. Whilst not the most exciting Black Friday/Cyber Monday purchase, an easy and cheap solution which could cost you in the long run.
- Car Seats – A crucial purchase for those of us with little ones. Purchasing a new car seat can be expensive if you buy them at full cost. However, some of the UK’s big retailers do offer huge savings during the sales, if previous years are anything to go by.
- Car Tyres – Considering purchasing Winter tyres? The sales are a great time to get a great deal on a new set. Some fitting centres may not be able to offer a discount on tyres but may give free fitting instead.
- A new car? – “Can you get a new car with a Black Friday discount?” is a question that we asked ourselves while writing this blog post. And yes is the answer. Based on previous years, many dealers were knocking hundreds of pounds off the cost of a new car. Some dealers were offering free gifts like smart speakers, gift vouchers or spa breaks with the purchase of every new vehicle.
What’s on your Black Friday/Cyber Monday wishlist? Have we missed anything? Let us know in the comments below.